10 October 2005

And then there were THREE…

The Geneva airport is about a 40 minute drive up Lake Leman from our apartment. It’s not a huge airport so you can usually get there an hour b-4 a flight and still get checked in with time to spare. I’m chicken and don’t attempt it. There’s a train station underneath, making the airport accessible to all at all times, except for that 6 AM flight, which we never take. Most people who fly back to the USA head out at about 7 AM to Amsterdam, Paris, Frankfort, Zurich or Milan then on to home.

Wife left us today for 2 weeks in the USA. One week in Abilene and environs for the class of 1980 reunion; one week in Paducah with her brother’s family. The Sister is coming down too for a visit too.

While standing in the British Airways’ queue for London (motto: We’re the guys with the Mister Bean Accent AND Vocabulary) we noticed the sign that informed us we needed to tell the checker-in-er if we had guns in our luggage. Fortunately we had left ours at home, along with those dangerous finger-nail clippers.

I enjoy my time with the 2 remaining kids, though lunch and dinners take a huge hit (wife’s a great cook and great fun). But we’ll still have fun.

3 Comments:

At 17:15, Blogger Thurman8er said...

I've watched a LOT of Mr. Bean and I wasn't aware he HAD a vocabulary.

When I go without my wife for any length of time, the pizza guy and I get to be on a first-name basis.

tokli

 
At 20:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's always fondue!

 
At 20:27, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

you may not be a great cook, (and I only gather that from your own words), but you're still fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home