24 September 2005

Back from the fair

Wife and I had a great time at the fair. Free tickets in. A slow start in the Canada section where you could buy acreage in the forest outside of Montreal. That made me laugh because Wife’s dad bought a lot 35 years ago that is worth so little that the family is giving it back to the taxman. The bath, shower and sauna section made the pace pick up. We did the hearing test. Wife can hear all hertz levels except those of the male-second-tenor voice. They said there is no help for that. Just have to talk nicer. Or deeper.

We ran through the sofa section, except for the $4000.00 recliners that massage your calves. I had to drag Wife out of that chair because she was losing consciousness. We then made it to the cheese and chocolate section. All that you’ve heard about Swiss cheeses is true, except there is no Swiss CHEESE. There are Swiss cheesES. Samples everywhere. The gourmet chocolates did not disappoint.

The largest section is where the vintners gather. There you can taste wines from all over the region and buy them too. After that we moseyed (not stumbled) over to the appliance section where they had the perfect food processor, guaranteed for 5 years, top-of-the-line for that delicious pizza crust. We escaped after spending only 15 CHF on a gift for a friend.

We know we are getting old, though. It wasn’t that we were tired after walking around for 2.5 hours. It was that sales people actually thought they could SELL us something. And they were nice to us. When I was younger, no one paid attention to me at the fair and I had to ASK for samples. People the other day were throwing them at us, so age does have its benefits.

3 Comments:

At 16:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you ran through the $4000 sofa section before the gathering of the vintners.

 
At 17:17, Blogger Thurman8er said...

I remember walking around stereo shops when I first got my job. Nobody even looked at me. I bought my first system based on which store would give me the time of day.

Sounds like a great fair. That walk actually would tire me out, but then I don't run up and down Swiss Alps for exercise like you guys do.

 
At 20:59, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

$4000 for a recliner? I must not shop in those places...I've never seen such a thing.

I could redecorate a whole room on $4000... (that is if I had $4000 to redecorate a room with)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home