30 March 2006

If God wills

We are excited about this summer. Every three years we make a furlough trip to see Dad and Mom, Sisters and Brothers (+in-laws) and renew contact with supporters and partners in Fresno.

Son 1 will stay in Europe working the two-week kids’ camp and then following a short training in one of the French churches. The rest of us plan on bugging Beth and Randy for a week before visiting relatives in Arkansas and Kentucky.

The kids are thrilled to go to Mexico with Randy and Co. to build houses. Steph and I will get some down time and visit California, staying with anyone who will feed us. The five weeks we spend in Fresno are energizing.

The church in Lausanne plans all activities and worship times during our absence. The members miss us, but for eight weeks they get to do what THEY want. I appreciate their hard work and faithfulness.

We are blessed. My mission-teacher-friends tell me that 150 years ago those who went to Africa to teach the Gospel packed their meager belongings in coffins. They knew they would never be coming back and were ready to give it all, even their lives, to preach Christ.

9 Comments:

At 15:14, Blogger cwinwc said...

I'm glad you didn't have to pack a coffin when you left for Switzerland.

May God use your time with family and friends to renew you and your family.

BTW, if you really want some "down" time, try a side visit to our side of world during hurricane season.

 
At 16:57, Blogger Brady said...

Thanks for the invite!

Searcy is where two sets of aunts/uncles live. Another set is in N. Little Rock. Nana is near Searcy. And Wife's brother is now in Paducah. We're planning Little Rock Airport, Searcy, Paducah, Nashville airport. It's an exception this year that we won't go to Memphis.

 
At 18:00, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Judy is confused. Memphis is in Tennessee.

Can't wait to see you guys. I'm sure we'll have some time to play a round of golf and eat together while you're here.

 
At 18:06, Blogger cwinwc said...

Now, now kids.

Steve - can I make it a threesome? Do you guys take a mulligan on the first hole?

 
At 03:04, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Cecil, here are my rules:

Free mulligan on the first hole in addition to one mulligan per nine.

One stroke out of a sandtrap.

No score higher than a 6 on a 3, or an 8 on a 4 or 5.

Hey, I play golf, like, 10 times a year. I'm not gonna get any better, so the game's gonna have to get easier.

 
At 09:32, Blogger Brady said...

With Steve's rules, I might be able to compete. It's been 6 years since I last played.

Hadn't thought of the wine country, Randy. Thanks for the tip. We were thinking of checking out used caskets...

 
At 10:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 16:34, Blogger cwinwc said...

Steve - I like your rules. I won't need my pencil with the eraser after all.

 
At 21:03, Blogger cwinwc said...

Judy - It's a "do over."

Greg - No need for your "Feel Good Golf Rules" if you play with another preacher I once played a round of golf with who I would describe as using a "Don't like it / don't count it" scoring system.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home