18 March 2006

Seize ans

This little girl broke through into the light exactly 16 years ago today. Born early on a Sunday morning, she has brought lots of joy into our home.

Every dad should have a girl like Daughter. When she was younger, I’d walk into the apartment with a “I’m home!” and Sons would not even look up from their books. But Daughter would come running yelling “Daddy”. Man, it felt good to get home.

Happy Birthday, Daughter. You have truly blessed our lives. And may the next 16 years be even sweeter than the last 16.

3 Comments:

At 04:37, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. I can't believe she's 16!

 
At 05:11, Blogger pdb3z said...

Do you have another daughter that I am not aware of?

P. Begin

 
At 14:32, Blogger cwinwc said...

Happy "sweet 16" (and I'm not referring to "March Madness / NCAA Basketball Tournament) to your daughter.

I wasn't blessed with a daughter but I am blessed with several "adopted" daughters through close friends. In fact, one of them actually ran up to me at church yesterday, yelled, "Hi Uncle (another moniker) Cecil," and gave me a hug.

Made my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home