10 March 2006

What will happen today?

You never know how a day will turn out once it starts, even with a list and an up-to-date agenda. I imagine that’s why study and prayer should start the day and leave their imprint on all that follows.

An old friend and parttime member called yesterday afternoon with news that his 80 year old mother was in emergency at the local university hospital. He needed to record her final words. Could I find a recorder and come?

25 minutes later, behind the curtain of stall labeled “I”, we prayed. Then two other family members arrived. Doctors discussed options. Surgeons were called. Nurses explained intensive care procedures. Decisions were made. Prayers were prayed.

Our old friend joined us for dinner. Also present were little Luc (his mom too had just been operated on) and C. with her nephew from Chile. We prayed, asking for healing and blessing. During the meal, a call informed us that things had gone well. Our old friend went home. C. went to Luc’s mom’s to help. Luc crashed here.

We later crawled into bed after and prayed about all that had happened, aware we should pray more, content to have been in God’s presence throughout the day, wondering about tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 16:08, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

As sappy as this my sound, as I read your blog, I thought of how blessed I feel to have you as a friend. I'm so proud of who you are.

 
At 16:19, Blogger cwinwc said...

Brady -
There is a part of me that longs for the day when I can wake up and allow the Lord to direct my schedule rather than trying to fit his directing in the schedule of my job. God bless you Brady. Keep on ministering to the good folks that you come into contact with on a daily basis.

 
At 17:49, Blogger Thurman8er said...

As much as I'd like to think that my final words will be deep and spiritually moving, world-shaking even, I'll probably just crack a joke and move on.

 
At 00:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a common request to record final words?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home