22 March 2006

Phine Whine

For spiritual cleaning, check out this post. It's written by Bill Gnade at Contratimes. Great stuff.
--
When I first discovered the blog world through Randy, passion, creativity and inspiration oozed from so many posts that I got hooked. I became a faithful reader of carefully chosen blogs. Several Fresno people encouraged me to blog. (Well, not several, but there was Sandra, and maybe my Mom.) I promised Wife I would write, but not whine. For blogs are not only a source of encouragement, but also a spot where folks park their whaaaambulances.

Is whining a basic human need? (I’m asking this because if you only knew how much I REALLY WANT TO WHINE TODAY, but I made a promise…) Or do a few of us just see the world in the same light as the Ecclesiast, whose every line is highlighted in the depressed disciple’s Bible?

Some of us really do feel bad about not counting our blessings one-by-one. Some of us are really lousy pray-ers and just pick back up what we just poured out. But we still desire (desperately) to see grace fill our hearts and actions. We want to follow the beaten missionaries’ example and sing at midnight.

I will try to sing bass today to Paul and Silas’ melody of love intoned in a Philippian prison. Well, that’s what I want to do… And maybe drown out the siren from my whaaaambulance.

2 Comments:

At 15:55, Blogger cwinwc said...

Brady-
You are welcome to use my customized "whaaaambulance" anytime you want. I just took it out for a ride this morning.

Ditto to Judy's comments.

 
At 21:27, Blogger The Raabs said...

Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home