20 February 2006

A. died

Let me express to you my gratefulness for the prayers you’ve offered on behalf of A. He died on Friday evening, but not without knowing that several people from the world over were praying. He was thankful, and quite surprised, that he had become “international”.

A. wrestled, as many of us do, with unbelief. To put his confidence in God was a major obstacle. Even in his last few weeks, he struggled with giving up his life so that he might gain it. Two examples:

About a week ago, I sat next to him as he was dozing off in his hospital bed. He muttered “incroyable”. “Unbelievable.” As I spoke to him later he said that, essentially, overcoming his lack of belief was his next, difficult step.

The last time we spent an hour together, I asked him where he was in his walk with God. He replied: “I need to have more confidence in… (and a few seconds ticked away) myself.”

A.’s body will be buried on Wednesday. I won’t be there (Wife and I will be Bible students in Germany for 4 days) but I was privileged to spend sacred time with him these last few months.

4 Comments:

At 19:38, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Greg's right. The prayers don't stop here. We'll be thinking of all of you in the days to come.

Thanks for being on the front line for this one.

 
At 22:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thoughts and sentiments from this coast.

 
At 19:41, Blogger cwinwc said...

God bless you for comforting A. Here's praying that the "Comforter" will be comforted by an international effort of prayers.

God bless you Brady.

 
At 17:48, Blogger Bill Gnade said...

Peace be with you.

Gnade

 

Post a Comment

<< Home