31 January 2006

P.

I recently posted about P., our friend who has been fighting against his drug addiction. I saw him today. He's decided it's not worth fighting, at least for now.

He had given me his bank cards so I could pay his bills, but when I went this morning to do that, I saw he had emptied out well over half of his account in the last few days, leaving him and his daughter with nearly nothing to live on for the month (February!!!) and all the bills unpaid from last month.

He doesn't even remember what he did with the money. After a short discussion on the phone, he came and picked up his cards and headed off.

I write this knowing that you will pray for him. He may have to touch bottom before getting things in order. Or he may just sink. And then, what will he leave behind?

3 Comments:

At 18:17, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Here is the mirror image of Greg's comment:

This is the main reason I'm not a full-time minister. I love to teach but I don't know how I could handle the type of heartbreak you guys deal with. I know that God is in control, but it has to be so hard to see Him rejected like this.

Of course you and P. are both in my prayers.

 
At 22:17, Blogger cwinwc said...

I'm glad "P" and his daughter are experiencing God through your ministering to them. My prayer is that "P" will begin to listen and act on the kindness in the name of the Lord that you're showing them. Hang in there.

 
At 23:25, Blogger Bill Gnade said...

Brady,

Thanks for stopping by at my site. I appreciate your comments.

Please note that my pieces re: suicide deal with this exact problem. My friend M., a devout Christian and a neurologist, took his own life, no doubt as a solution (or final stage) to his addiction.

For most of us, addiction is, in many ways, just a different form of suicide, the slow form; the 'socially acceptable' form (at least to some).

I will pray for you and P.

Peace,

Gnade

PS. Please invite me to Switzerland. Tomorrow? Skiing? OK!!!

ZOOOOOM!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home