22 October 2005

London

Haven’t blogged for a while. Thanks for the notes of encouragement. I have started a new blog called whenever-I-feel-like-it. Do check it out.

Actually, Son 2 and Daughter and I spent 5 days and 4 nights (Oct 18-22) in London (Wife is still in the USA). Every October we try to visit a different European area/region with the kids. We’ve seen Paris, Normandy, Barcelona, Florence and Rome. It is always great fun and a way to spend that money we’ve saved up. We book ahead with EasyJet and fly for almost nothing. Normally we stay at TERRIBLE hotels. Some of them have been soooo bad (just ask the kids), then we hit museums and parks and churches. I know, life is ruff.

This time we visited: Tower of London, Westminster, St. Paul’s, British Museum, Piccadilly and Trafalgar Squares, British Library, Buckingham Palace (outside), Science Museum, Imperial War Museum, Millennium Bridge, and more.

My favorite sign during the trip:


Which just goes to show you that some people have to travel on a really tight budget… Thanks for stopping by.

3 Comments:

At 15:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sign. I always love it when common sense is legislated. If and when we ever come visit don't feel obligated to handle any travel / hotel arrangements.

 
At 16:23, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Welcome home.

My mom just got back from a week in DC. She told me all about it at dinner last week. Sounded like an amazing trip. It's at the top of my wife's "places I want to see" list.

The top of my list, however, is London. Glad you got to go.

 
At 17:18, Blogger Brady said...

Greg, I answered the burning dog question on your blog comments section. It really was an accident.

Randy, what do you mean IF you come. You ARE coming. And I ESPECIALLY want to handle YOUR travel arrangements.

Steve, Lausanne should be right up there next to LONDON. What do you think? feistf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home