18 June 2006

I wish I could help

I walked home today one of the older ladies from the neighborhood who comes to church whenever her health permits. Her husband’s in a nice rest home nearby and she’s been part of this neighborhood forever. Both of these lovely people pray for us daily and mention many by name when they worship God.

She asked me about our trip this upcoming weekend, about how we were feeling about a couple that’s not part of the church anymore. She wanted information concerning a young couple who have a small child and find it difficult to worship with us regularly, wanting to know how she could help. She loves them.

Then she said: “Both my husband and I are sad that we can’t be more supportive of the work you are doing. We love the church, and wish our health let us be more involved. For many Christians do not seem to love the church. I think they love Jesus but find it hard to commit to his body.”

She wasn’t complaining. She just wanted to make things better, to grab hold of something good and help it grow instead of seeing it weaken, to be there for her spiritual family.

1 Comments:

At 09:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any chance of meeting her next time we come to visit?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home