10 June 2006

24/24, 7/7

I got corralled into doing something good. But I’m just not very good at it, which shows how much room there is to grow… How much my heart has got to change.

One of the ladies from the Geneva church set up a 24-hour prayer chain, just for a week, so we could pray around the clock with brothers and sisters. She’s a baker and patisserie maker, and took those early hours from 2 to 4. Bless her heart.

I took my hour at mid-morning.

I have a long list of people and needs to pray for: A member who is in constant pain, a blogger whose daughter has seizures, a generous USA church that supports us, enemies that seem to grow in number every year (it’s not my fault), pregnant family members… You get the picture.

So on Thursday, I thought: “Enough of the intercession. I’ll just be thankful for an hour.” I took the same list and prayed through it, but just with thanksgiving.

I only made it to 25 minutes.

So, I started over.

Hope your heart grows in thankfulness for all you have received, from blessings to troubles, from sadness to joy.

And thank you for stopping by.

3 Comments:

At 20:17, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

Great post. Thanks for pointing us toward a heart of thanksgiving instead of need/want.

 
At 01:08, Blogger Thurman8er said...

A few times a year, I am given a golden opportunity to pray for a solid hour. I always look forward to it, always make use of it, always enjoy it.

Trouble is, I could carve that hour out almost anytime I wanted. But I pray more in fits and spurts. There is nothing like concentrated time with the Father.

 
At 09:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for you, Brady.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home