22 June 2006

Gone fishing

I’m checking out for a few days, heading to the Ardèche region of France. Wife is going to bake and freeze desserts for the summer kid’s camp. She figures she can save the camp some money this way and also be a big help, even if we’re not there to take on our regular responsibilities later on in the summer (when we’ll be eating other people’s food).

Me? I’m taking some light tackle and spending some time on some of the small rivers, seeing if I can scare up a few trout. Then I might take a nap in the afternoon. And if it rains, I can always wash dishes.

See you on Sunday.

3 Comments:

At 12:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO TEAM USA!!!

Oh wait, this isn't about football...

Enjoy your day off. :)

 
At 12:57, Blogger Deb said...

Have a great time fishing and come back with lots of stories. The Ardèche looks a beautiful place to find trout! What's the temp like?

Have fun chillin' out! (and will those trout you catch be cooked with cornmeal???)

 
At 13:42, Blogger Mike the Eyeguy said...

I think the Aussies call such excursions "walkabout." Do the Swiss have a particular name for it?

I'm assuming that you'll take a radio so that you can listen to the match tomorrow. Or perhaps duck into the nearest town and find a TV.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home