20 December 2005

Ternopil to home

The trip home was uneventful. An overnight train to Kiev. One of those old diesel trains with ancient wagons where you pay to try to sleep the trip away. Rick, a preacher in the Shevchenko church (the only Kiev church that uses the Ukrainian language) met Vlodya and me at 6:30 Saturday morning (bless his heart) and dropped us off at an apartment where we were able to read and rest. The flight out of Kiev to Milan and on to Geneva was uneventful, and I arrived in Lausanne by train at 11:15 pm. Good to be home!

A great group was present for Sunday morning, and after a potluck (AGAPE) meal together the family headed to Geneva for the year-end program. The singing was excellent, the kids adorable, and the visitors happy to have come.

Jordan arrived at the Geneva train station later in the evening. He’ll be around till December 27.

I’m planning on driving back to Ukraine sometime in March or April, 2006, carrying back some of Father-in-law’s Ukrainian books, about 600 kilos total. It’s almost a 3 day trip one way, and I need someone to come with me.

How ‘bout it?

3 Comments:

At 17:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Let's do it.

 
At 18:54, Blogger cwinwc said...

That would be the trip of a lifetime for me! Having lived on a military base for about 5 years in Germany has always given me a special love for Europe and it's culture.

Looks like I picked the wrong lecture to attend last year. Swiss chocolate bars! Where they full of khuxfx?

 
At 22:54, Blogger Thurman8er said...

I'll be thinking of you in March/April as I ready my kids for the AP test.

Glad you're home safe. Isn't family wonderful?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home