16 December 2005

A Monk's Life

No TV. No Radio. No Internet. No phone. No noise.

It's amazing how much thinking and dreaming you can get done. And pray if you want to. This is a great place to study and teach. All you have to do is fill up on the Word, then teach it later in the day, wait for questions, then go back to your apartment and get ready to answer the questions. Seeking wisdom.

I'm sure it would get old in a short while (I always miss the family about 13 minutes into the trip), but it is refreshing. And new ideas tend to flow.

All the teaching is translated into Ukrainian. Two night's ago we did a textual study of Ephesians 4.7 ff and that was a challenge, not because of the interpreter (she's great), but because my English Bible translation and the Ukrainian translations varied (good thing I'd learned the Greek text by heart). We worked through it, with me receiving the new insights. The 2 hours flew by.

Last night, after meeting with the single ladies for a couple hours, we spent time in Foster's chapter on Self-Righteous gifts and God-Glorifying gifts. He has practical insights.

And I forgot to mention lunches, which last each day from 2 to 4 pm. Fortunately I was able to walk for 3 about three hours the other day. And it all brought back memories of times here with Wife's Father. He loved this town and its people.

Thank you for your prayers and for stopping by.

3 Comments:

At 16:19, Blogger cwinwc said...

Sounds like God is really using you in a powerful way.

It also sounds like you're ready to start a Hooters (....met with the single ladies)Ministry.
moiwwhr (a second helping of iwwhr)

 
At 21:08, Blogger Thurman8er said...

"Glowing with pride" is how I would describe both of your parents, who I got to chat with last night after the musical. None of us do what we do for the benefit of others, not even parents, but it's nice to know that we are appreciated.

"Glowing with pride" is also how I would describe our Father.

 
At 23:51, Blogger Keith Davis said...

So that's how I can use my Greek knowledge!

Glad for you in this trip!

cbzilh - What you call a CB operator in Brazil.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home