18 November 2005

Qualified

Switzerland did lose 4-2 against Turkey but still qualified for the final phase of the 2006 World Cup in Germany because of goals scored away. Well done, Nati. My other predictions missed the mark too. After the game the teams DID express their affection for each other. One of the Swiss players was hospitalized with a ruptured urinary tract (guess how that happened…) while 3 others were slightly injured.

There were a thousand cars in the middle of Lausanne at 10:30 pm. Fans waving flags and honking horns. And honking horns. And honking horns… I was on my bike, slowly ascending the hills (Lausanne is on a BIG hill), passing cars, receiving greetings from those fans sticking out the windows of their vehicles. Even the drivers were hanging out of their cars or driving with their heads through the moon-roof. It was exciting. Specially for a guy on a bike.

Today Stephanie and the notary signed the papers for the sale of the house. A young couple with 3 kids under three, moving from a 2 bedroom apartment to a 6 bedroom house. They were in shock, but very happy. I think Father-in-law would have like them. And we find ourselves with the first weekend to only clean up one yard. Already feels strange. But no complaining.

Anyone out there use Skype? What do you think?

3 Comments:

At 15:29, Blogger cwinwc said...

For some reason your comment about the urinary tract injury reminded me of the time I went by to pick up my son who was 1 at the time. My Mom was keeping him for us and loved to video the times I picked him up due to the mischief I would cause as I entered the house to see my son.
On one particular day I had Steven on his back and I was kissing and tickling him. Somewhere in the process he managed to stick a finger up my right nostril and in effect "hook" me. As I was trying to pull his finger out of my nose he bent his finger in effect forming a barb with his little finger nail. I called for help from my dear mother who then infomed me that blood on the baby blanket from my penetrated nose would make a wonderful memory so she kept on video taping.
I'm getting a pain in my nose just thinking about it.
pybot (a recently purchased pie)

 
At 14:30, Blogger The Raabs said...

I use Skype to do meetings with the other members of Listen Up!(we all live far from each other), but only two of us really use it - and I still have dial-up! It's use with us is limited BUT, I understand that others (people I know) use it to call free. I still have it and plan on using it more (when I get adsl).

 
At 03:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the skype thing was a serious question? Not just a ploy with the word-verification?

Because I haven't used skype but I've considered using wojpi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home