22 June 2005

BAFA Training

Today I’m taking the bullet train from Geneva to Marseille, then tomorrow on to the city of Gap, to complete training as a camp counselor. I’ll be officially certified by the French authorities as competent in the art of getting teens out of bed, encouraging them to maintain proper hygiene, overcoming the evil of talking at the table with their mouths full, and getting back into bed sometime before daybreak.

I would not be able to pass the course except for the hands-on training I’ve already received! No, I don’t mean raising three teenagers. Not that training. I was thinking of the fact that WIFE has been competently helping ME learn these helpful habits over the last 22 years.

The BAFA course to become a real person, I mean a counselor, consists of 3 parts: 9 days of initial training; 2 weeks on-the-job at a camp (our church camp); 5 days of reinforcement training in a special field. I’ll be camping with communists. This group gave Garth and me (colleague/comrade from Marseille) our initial training. Nice guys, except for the Mao suits.

I’ll be away till the 28th. WIFE and kids may blog, so click on by. And pray…

1 Comments:

At 23:20, Blogger Thurman8er said...

I always wondered where The Gap headquarters was located.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home