12 June 2005

Sunday

Not too many people at our Lausanne worship time today. In fact, it was one of those Sundays where more were gone than were actually present.

Now all this can a preacher down. I live for Sunday, but sometimes get the (wrong) impression that members save sickness for the Lord’s day… Or that they pull ligaments on Saturday to sleep in on Sunday… Or that they take that business trip to skip an offering. (I’m not one of the “the glass is half-full” guys.)

To these accusing (satanic) thoughts God offers a simple remedy: Consider brothers and sisters as superior to yourself. In French it’s “esteem others as superior to yourselves”. Someone writes: Put yourself aside. Push others ahead.

My motives are soooo GOOD. 90% of my mistakes are made for the right reasons. My ideas are often on target.

Yet my brothers have BETTER motives. 95% of my sisters’ goof-ups are for the right reasons. Their ideas hit the bull’s eye without fail.

So today God is calling me to cut my spiritual family some slack. A loving preacher will challenge them. A godly pastor will call show them Jesus.

And a “half-empty” guy will pray… for next Sunday.

1 Comments:

At 05:11, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

Brady...
So good to have you share your thoughts through the blog community! I will look forward to staying in better touch because of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home