14 June 2005

Reunion

The email popped up on my screen in March, 2005. Creel (there’s a fun name) was looking for a friend she’d made in school some 40 years ago in the nearby Lausanne suburb of Renens. In the 60’s her family had come to Lausanne with a three-family team to plant this church. She became best friends with Dominique. Well, thanks to a unique last name and the internet, the two childhood friends hooked up again.

Creel and her family have just left our home after a wonderful Raclette lunch of cheese and potatoes. (We’re open 7/7!) She told us of her preparation for this trip, of the tears she cried upon her return, of the emotion she felt when reunited to her friend. Yes, they found each other again yesterday, on June 12, 2005. The last time they’d seen each other was on June 12, 1969.

The reunion continued till 2 AM this morning. (When the Swiss invite you over for a meal, don’t ever expect to eat and run. There is no hurry! Meals are definitely an “affair”. Reunions even more so.) News was exchanged. Emotions expressed. Events were remembered. For around here, friendships really are for a lifetime.

4 Comments:

At 16:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brady!
Wow talk about a blast from the past!! Creel was in Lausanne with us! I haven't seen her in probably 38 years!! yikes...i guess we're all getting a little older! How fun that she met up with her old school buddy! I just wish I could remember a name from that long ago! haha
God bless you and your family! Patti Grigg (Shipp)

 
At 19:35, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Brady, it's great to have you on board. I want to e-mail you every time I read a bulletin update. Then I go home and eat lunch, watch a ballgame, and forget to do what I set out to. A blog is a great way to keep in better touch.

Thanks for your comments on my blog about your car. I shared what you said with Richard and he cracked up. I'm sure it's story that will turn up in a sermon at some time too. By the way, I didn't mention that somehow MY car was found very near the school where I teach on the other side of town. Hmmmmm....

Keep up your awesome work and know that you are in our prayers constantly.

Steve

 
At 19:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brady, At lunch today (Pupusas) one of our elders was talking about how someone they knew 45 years ago found them this week via the internet. His old friends found him on our church website.

Steve, I resisted this comment on your blog but now feel compelled. Wouldn't it be interesting if your car was stolen by one of your students!

A teacher friend of ours was mugged outside of RFK stadium. Turns out one of his students was a member of the mugging party. Said student brought the mugged items back to school the following day and apologized.

 
At 23:26, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Randy: Go back and check out the comments on my blog. One of my ex-students denied any involvement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home