20 April 2006

La Chorale Harmonie

The local parish loaned us their building and the “Chorale Harmonie” from Marseille did a wonderful job communicating the gospel through song and words of encouragement. About a 100 people were present and the a cappella presentation of spirituals and hymns in French, English and Latin was powerful.

It was extra special because Son 1 was singing in the group. The vocal blend was excellent and the music chosen, from “Down to the River to Pray” to “God’s Gonna Trouble the Water” was right in their range and brought the best out of them.

But what was clearly communicated was their trust in God through Christ. The group is made up of singers from age 12 to 55 and they are on a mission to share the Message through song. I’m grateful they came back to Lausanne this year.
--
I’m off to a weekend youth retreat near Paris tomorrow. (Near there. Not there. Like Fresno is near Yosemite, but it’s NOT Yosemite). Daughter plus 15 kids from Geneva are traveling with a couple and me to the activity. Always interesting and reminds me of youth ministry days. (Eye twitch.)

Wife and Son 2 are doing a 10 K race through Lausanne. Lucky rascals.

2 Comments:

At 17:58, Blogger Thurman8er said...

I don't have to run ten kilometers tomorrow and I feel equally grateful.

 
At 14:55, Blogger cwinwc said...

Can't remember the last time I "ran." I've been jogging about two and a half miles about every other day and in the temps that are approaching 90, my whole body is starting to twitch.

Enjoy the retreat "near" Paris. Please avoid all demonstrations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home