17 August 2005

News from Glion

Today I'm at the Hotel School in Glion, Switzerland. A good friend of mine is a consultant and every year invites me to come spend 4 days at this school to help final semester students who will be graduating with a BS in hotel management figure out what they want to do with the rest of their lives. Before I arrive on the scene, my buddy has given all 60 students a long series of psychological tests that measure how they deal with life under normal circumstances and also during stress. Yes, some people do turn into monsters under stress, much like gremlins who get caught in the rain.

Anyway, I can't tell you much about it all because the interviews are confidential, but the testing is often right on target. It's amazing how answering 120 questions can, in many situations, tell others exactly what you're like.

So we get to do two 45 minute sessions, talking to the youth about their futures. The good news is that most of these youth think you should treat others as you want to be treated. Few of them see others as a means to an end, though many of them consider relationships more important than the tasks they are called upon to complete.

Tomorrow, I do the ultimate role play. They will look to me for advice about how to reach their goals. And I will be thinking the whole time... Man, oh man, I can help you not only get there, but get you to the RIGHT there... To the destination that you were really created for. The only destination that counts.

I'll let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

At 17:46, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to minister to people during a key time of formation. I love the originality of expanding your ministry efforts.

Let's see the 120 questions!

 
At 21:17, Blogger Generous Kitchen said...

I'm with Randy. I'd love to see the questions. (I don't know, however, if I'd love to see my results.)

You continue to bless me with your "no boundries" ministry.

 
At 21:57, Blogger cwinwc said...

Would one of the questions be something along the lines of:
"How much time in a day do you spend with Middle School Students?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home