04 May 2006

It's an iPod

Thought you might want to know that you can get Diesel for 180 CH cents (that’s 1.47 USD for you in the new world). Yes fuel prices are on the rise here, too.

I know, some of you are paying $3.00. Sorry. I really am.

But before you put your SUV on the trans-Atlantic ferry to take advantage of the deal, realize that said price is for 33 ounces of the precious liquid, as in ONE liter. And last time I checked, it takes 3.7854118 liters to make one US gallon ($5.58 per gallon). I know it’s even MORE different (sic) for you Brits. (That’s why a pint is so much more fun there.)

So last Saturday evening, we filled up the van. We had run it dry, an orange “0” on the digital display. It cost us an iPod. Well, not just any iPod. It was somewhere between the Shuffle 1GB and the new iPod Nano 1GB.

That’s right. $120.50. Good thing we could just put it on the MasterCard.

I really don’t want your pity, thanks for offering. But if you want to send cash, that’d be okay.

Or just send us an iPod.

3 Comments:

At 00:24, Blogger Deb said...

Hey, Brady! We're at the equivalent of $8/gallon for petrol here in the greater London area. When we were in the US four years ago, petrol in the UK was at $6/gal.

We would send you some cash, but were just about to ask you the same favour, so I guess that cancels us out. The last time I checked, everyone in my family in the US was driving gas hogs. They know not to whinge around Husband and me, but it's still annoying when they try to rationalise their perception of why we have to pay more than they do. Sadly, they just do not get the false economy they've had.

(Oh, and we get petrol at the pump by the litre. Our milkman delivers our milk in pint bottles, and we get pints of funny liquid at the pub!)

Please give my love to Wife. Cheers! :)

 
At 18:28, Blogger cwinwc said...

Wow, Brady. If I had to pay those prices I think I would be a bit "iPod out." I will stop my complaining from the Sunshine State.

 
At 20:27, Blogger Thurman8er said...

Driving into Savannah, a bunch of "locals" were complaining about the $2.70 they were paying for gas. I scoffed at them, feeling much pity for myself.

Please scoff at me to even things out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home