26 April 2006

Chocolate Problems

Philippe and Dolores Dauner were here singing last week and, just for you, my dear Pepperdine Lectureship friends, I handed over almost 2.5 pounds of bite-sized, individually wrapped pieces of Swiss Chocolate, bought on sale at my third favorite store in the whole-wide-world.

Problem #1: How do I find Philippe and Dolores?
  • You could go hear him speak at Firestone Field house on Thursday morning (11:00), but I know many of you are not out of bed yet. And if you wait till then, the chocolate might be gone.
  • You could go to their class (Vision for a Generation: A Strategy for the European Mission Field Based on the Work in Marseilles, France) on Friday afternoon at 3:15. Some of you may be up by then, but I know the chocolate will be long gone.
Problem #2: How do I make them think I’m just happy to meet them rather than only interested in Swiss chocolate?
  • For the preachers and elders among you, this is no problem. You are good at making people think you care about them (even if you only want their chocolate).
Problem #3: All the chocolate is in one bag.
  • This really is a problem. Should the one who gets the bag share? (YES.) Will he share? (It depends on if an elder or a preacher gets it first.)

5 Comments:

At 14:21, Blogger cwinwc said...

Response #1 -
As a confessed "choco-holic" I can say this without hesitation:
You sir are a Swiss Chocolate Saint.

As to the stated problems:

#1 - No problem as far as being up but I haven't been to an 11:00 lecture in years. With Swiss Chocolate on the line, I may have to start a new tradition.

#2 - I love meeting new people with chocolate, I mean for the experience.

#3 - This could be my thorn in the flesh. Pray that God will deliver me from the temptation to hoard and gorge should I be first.

I hope the wv isn't forecasting my intent:
It just called me a pkony.

 
At 19:16, Blogger Thurman8er said...

That's it. Next year I'm blowing off these lousy state tests and going to Pepperdine for the first time in my everlovin' life.

 
At 19:48, Blogger cwinwc said...

Steve - Yesssss!!
I'll bring some Florida Orange Juice to celebrate.

 
At 12:51, Blogger Deb said...

MMMmmmm... she thought, as she read this post smacking her lips from the last morsels of her English Thornton's plain (egg) chocolate Easter egg!

(Even Uncle Stanley loved Thornton's, and you know how much he LOVED Swiss chocolate!)

:)

 
At 03:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can trust your Mommy to share withe everyone. I will try to meet up with them IMMEDIATELY!
love you, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home